- Dunrossness Primary School, Dunrossness, ZE2 9JG
- £14.57 - £15.17 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Term Time Part Time
- 21 hours per week
This position has expired.
The purpose of this post is to work effectively as a lead member of an Early Learning and Childcare team to support in the delivery of a high quality, safe and balanced education and care service, which meets the needs of each young child and their families and is in accordance with relevant legislation and guidelines.
Postholders must apply for and maintain registered status with the registering body as long as the post is held.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is H
- This post is not career graded
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,397 per annum (pro rata)
- Temporary Term Time Part Time post for 21.0 Hours per Week , 40.5 weeks per year plus 6.27 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays.
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of the agreed start date
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Dunrossness Primary School, Dunrossness, Shetland.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Gina Finch, Head Teacher, Telephone 01595 745440 or email Georgina.Finch@shetland.gov.uk
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Information about Shetland
Shetland is an archipelago in the north of the British Isles where you'll find freedom, wildlife and wild beauty, but also a rich culture and dynamic, forward-looking society. The Islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly, bustling island communities. Factor in Shetland's impressive modern amenities, highly regarded schools and the Islands offer a work life balance rarely found elsewhere.
Find out more about:
Living and working in Shetland: here
The Shetland Islands Council: here