- Anderson High School, North Loch Drive, Lerwick, ZE1 0GR
- £49,278 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
Anderson High School is a six year school, serving Lerwick and the surrounding areas, with our associated primary schools of Bells Brae, Hamnavoe, Nesting, Scalloway, Sound, Tingwall and Whiteness. In addition, pupils from the small islands of Fair Isle, Foula and Fetlar attend the school for up to six years. The school also serves all pupils in Shetland for S5 and S6, except for those attending Brae High School. There are extensive transport arrangements into Lerwick, and Halls of Residence accommodation for those pupils unable to travel each day.
In September 2021, 973 pupils were enrolled at Anderson High School. The Head Teacher is Ms Valerie Nicolson
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information –
- The grade of this post is Principal Teacher - Job Size 2
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,265 per annum
- Permanent Full Time post for 35.0 Hours per Week
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) prior to starting in post
- We are happy to talk flexible working
- FTE of post: 1.0
- Sector/Subject Specialism: Pupil Support
- Class information: S1 - S6 pupils, aged 12 - 18
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Anderson High School, Lerwick
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Valerie Nicolson, Head Teacher on 01595 808008 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.