- Location: Hayfield House, Hayfield Lane, Lerwick, ZE1 0QD
- Salary: £62,085.00 - £69,015.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Quality Improvement Officers will:
• Be familiar with all aspects of Council education policy and be seen as a representative of their Head of Service when visiting schools or when involved with outside agencies
• Be able to analyse and use performance information to challenge schools to improve
• Collate a range of performance information about schools in the Council area and use this information in a systematic way with school management and directorate
• Devise and promote strategies to address where performance should be improved, monitor such strategies and write reports on progress made
• Be knowledgeable about local and national priorities and help to ensure that these are being taken forward appropriately by schools
• Identify good, effective practice, including classroom practice
• Identify and promote staff development opportunities within the improvement agenda
• Advise on and, as required, participate in the appointment of senior promoted posts in schools;
• Draw on their knowledge of schools to support and inform strategic planning and policy development
• Support and monitor the key processes associated with school development planning in schools
• Apply procedures associated with HMIe inspection of schools, including associated with Follow Through Reports
• Link manage Head Teacher
• Carry out the duties of Quality Assurance as laid down in the SIC policy on Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is Quality Improvement Officer 1-3
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,235 per annum
- 2 x Permanent Full Time posts for 35.0 Hours per Week, 52.18 weeks per year.
- One post will cover Primary, Curriculum, Learning and Teaching and the other post will cover Secondary, Curriculum, Learning and Teaching.
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- Politically Restricted Post - this post is designated under the terms of the Local Democracy, Economic Development and Construction Act 2009, and the postholder is restricted as to the undertaking of political activity
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- You must have the ability to travel throughout Shetland at short notice and where public transport is limited
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Hayfield House, Lerwick.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Robin Calder, Executive Manager on 01595 744745 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.