Relief Social Care Worker - Isleshavn ServicesFavourite
|Closes:||Tuesday, 27th March 2018|
|Published:||Wednesday, 14th March 2018|
|Location:||Isleshavn Care Centre, Mid Yell, Yell|
|Rate:||£10.63 per hour|
|Organisation:||Shetland Islands Council|
|Category:||Social Services / Housing / Childcare|
The purpose of the job is to actively provide person-centred care in accordance with relevant legislation and guidelines. To attend to the physical, social and emotional needs of the service users in your care, this could include;
- Older people, including those with needs associated with dementia;
- Children and young people, including those with special needs;
- Adults with learning disabilities;
- Adults with physical disabilities; and
- Adults with mental ill-health
in their own homes and/or in a residential, supported accommodation or day-care setting.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is F
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.0846 per hour
- Casual/Relief post
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of the agreed start date
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- The successful candidate will be subject to satisfactory Pre-Employment Medical screening with our Occupational Health provider.
- Not suitable for Job Share
- Not suitable for Remote Working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Isleshavn Care Centre, Mid Yell
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Duncan Johnson, Assistant Manager, on 01595 745720 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.