- Fernlea Care Centre, Marrister, Symbister, Whalsay, Shetland, ZE2 9AC
- £11.66 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
This position has expired.
This post involves working across Fernlea Services, which can include Support at Home, Care Home, Night Shift, and Day Support. Hours and shifts can be offered to fit with the availability of the applicant and the needs of the service.
Whilst we value previous experience, this is not essential. We recognise that many potential applicants will have no previous formal experience in care work. However, they will have the required transferable skills to successfully work in a caring role. Support will be given to these individuals, both during the application process and in the initial stages of employment.
Working within the Social Care Sector can bring great satisfaction for both staff and service users. Therefore, if you are interested in working with people, have good interpersonal and communication skills, and a fair degree of personal resilience, then Fernlea would welcome your application.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is F
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.1732
- Casual/Relief posts
- This post involves working across Fernlea Services, which can include Support at Home, Care Home, Night Shift, and Day Support. Hours are offered to fit with the availability of the applicant and the needs of the service.
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 12 months of the agreed start date
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Whalsay, Shetland.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Elaine Laurenson, Team Leader, on 01595 745182 or Email email@example.com
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
If you’re a kind, compassionate person who’d like to make a difference to people’s lives, then social care could be the right career for you.