- Annsbrae House, Annsbrae, Lerwick, ZE1 0PB
- £16.45 - £17.12 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
The purpose of the job is to assist with all tasks associated with managing the service including the supervision of staff, and to actively participate in the provision of person-centred care, in accordance with relevant legislation and guidelines. To ensure attendance to the physical, emotional, spiritual, intellectual, cultural and social care needs of the service users in your care, this could include;
- Older people, including those with needs associated with dementia;
- Children and young people, including those with special needs;
- Adults with learning disabilities;
- Adults with physical disabilities; and
- Adults with mental ill-health
in their own homes and/or in a residential, supported accommodation or day-care setting.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is I
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.2415
- Permanent Part Time post for 35.0 Hours per Week , 52.18 weeks per year
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of the agreed start date
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
- Driving is a requirement for this post
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Annsbrae, Lerwick, Shetland.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Muriel Forbes, Team Leader, on 01595 744344, or email email@example.com
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Information about Shetland
Shetland is an archipelago in the north of the British Isles where you'll find freedom, wildlife and wild beauty, but also a rich culture and dynamic, forward-looking society. The Islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly, bustling island communities. Factor in Shetland's impressive modern amenities, highly regarded schools and the Islands offer a work life balance rarely found elsewhere.
Find out more about:
Living and working in Shetland: here
The Shetland Islands Council: here