Senior Social Worker - Children & FamiliesFavourite
|Closes:||Sunday, 25th February 2018|
|Published:||Monday, 12th February 2018|
|Location:||Hayfield House, Hayfield Lane, Lerwick|
|Salary:||£38,332.49 - £40,012.16 per year|
|Hours:||37.00 hours per week|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Organisation:||Shetland Islands Council|
|Category:||Social Services / Housing / Childcare|
|Sub-category:||Children's Social Work|
The purpose of the job is to provide a professional social work service as part of an operational team, based in Children & Families Social Work.
In accordance with the Scottish Social Services Council; all Social Work Services Workers must adhere to the following Codes of Practice:
- Protect the rights and promote the interests of service users and carers;
- Strive to establish and maintain the trust and confidence of service users and carers;
- Promote the independence of service users while protecting them as far as possible from danger or harm;
- Respect the rights of service users while seeking to ensure that their behaviour does not harm themselves or other people;
- Uphold public trust and confidence in social work services; and
- Be accountable for their practice and take responsibility for maintaining and improving their knowledge and skills.
A relocation package does apply to this post
We will pay interview expenses from within the UK
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link below for further information -
- The grade of this post is L
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,094 per annum
- Permanent Full Time post for 37.0 Hours per Week, 52.18 weeks per year
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of the agreed start date
- You must have a full driving licence and/or the ability to travel throughout Shetland at short notice and where public transport is limited
- Not suitable for Job Share
- Not suitable for Remote Working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Hayfield House, Lerwick
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Martha Nicolson, Executive Manager, on 01595 744402 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
See also:Senior Social Worker - Children Families (L).pdf
Conditions of Service - Local Government Employees - Mar 2017.pdf
Employee Benefits Dec 2017.pdf