- Grantfield, Lerwick, ZE1 0NT
- £42,979.47 - £44,466.08 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
Shetland Islands Council
Senior Social Worker – Criminal Justice
£42,979.47 - £44,466.08 per annum (Grade L) inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance.
A relocation package applies to these posts and we will pay interview expenses from within the UK.
Are you an ambitious Social Work Professional looking for both a fresh career challenge, and a better quality of life? If so, here at Shetland Islands Council we have a job for someone just like you.
As Criminal Justice Senior Social Worker you will:
- Assist the Executive Manager in providing a comprehensive criminal justice service to the Courts and offenders subject to community-based sentences and through care services.
- Be actively involved in the rehabilitation and management of offenders in line with the Scottish Executive National Standards and Outcomes for Social Work Services in the Criminal Justice System.
- Be responsible for the day to day management and supervision of criminal justice social workers and criminal justice support posts.
- Indirectly supervise and guide other key posts within Social Work.
As a Criminal Justice Senior Social Worker for Shetland Islands Council you will benefit from:
- Excellent Salary and Conditions
- Distant islands allowance
- A comprehensive relocation package
- A varied workload and career development opportunities
- A chance to work across a range of island communities
- A stress-free commute to work
- An exceptional work/life balance
Information about Shetland
Shetland is an archipelago in the north of the British Isles where you'll find freedom, wildlife and wild beauty, but also a rich culture and dynamic, forward-looking society. The Islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly, bustling island communities. Factor in Shetland's impressive modern amenities, highly regarded schools and the Islands offer a work life balance rarely found elsewhere.
Find out more about:
- The grade of this post is L
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,397 per annum (pro rata)
- Permanent Full Time post for 37.0 Hours per Week , 52.18 weeks per year
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of the agreed start date
- You must have the ability to travel throughout Shetland at short notice and where public transport is limited
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Grantfield, Lerwick, Shetland.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Denise Morgan, Executive Manager, Telephone 01595 744446 or email email@example.com
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.