- Train Shetland, Gremista, Lerwick, ZE1 0PX
- £22,487.62 - £23,375.73 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
The Short Course Administrator is a member of the Train Shetland (Short Courses) team and is responsible for co-ordinating and administering short course training for the Council, local businesses and the public.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information –
- The grade of this post is F
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,235 per annum
- Temporary Full Time post for 37.0 Hours per Week , 52.18 weeks per year
- Temporary post for a period to 31 July 2021.
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Train Shetland, Gremista, Lerwick
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Susan Berry, Acting Principal, Shetland College, firstname.lastname@example.org, 01595 771401
The main duties of the post are:
• To be responsible for organisation of resources for training rooms; set up/dismantle rooms for training and ensure appropriate equipment and materials are available and in working order. Replenish refreshments daily or as required.
• To co-ordinate trainer availability/room bookings and requirements on the course booking system
• To assess the demand for short courses from waiting lists/ enquiries and discuss requirements with the Short Course Manager
• To be the first point of contact for all short course enquiries and bookings and the completion of all records and documentation arising from candidate progress. To undertake reception duties at the Gremista venue and respond to personal enquiries.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the following:
- 2/3 years in an office environment
- Educated to Higher level or have SVQ Level 2 Business Administration
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively whilst constantly being interrupted
- Good IT skills