- Shetland (see advert), ZE1 000
- £12.32 - £15.17 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Permanent & Temporary & Casual
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
This position has expired.
- Contracted posts – various hours per week / various locations throughout Lerwick and Central
- Relief work – various locations
Are you an experienced carer ready for a new challenge, or looking for an opportunity to develop, or return to, a career in care? If so, Adult Services (LD & ASD) within the Shetland Community Health and Social Care Service, are recruiting to existing care teams and would welcome an application from you. There is a wide variety of hours per week available for Social Care Worker positions, and/or the chance to join the service as a Relief Worker. Please consider this exciting opportunity to join us in providing exceptional levels of service to people we support.
Salary: £23,788.71 - £29,291.09 per annum (F-G/H) inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance
Depending on the service, post holders may be required to participate in sleep-in rotas or waking nights, which is remunerated in addition to the salary shown. Please call one of the named contacts below should you wish to discuss this further.
Where appropriate, a relocation package may apply to contracted posts and we will pay interview expenses from within the UK.
The Shetland Islands are an archipelago located north east of Scotland. Shetland is home to fantastic wildlife and beautiful scenery. The islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly island communities, great leisure facilities, low pollution, low crime and excellent schools.
About the service: Adult Services (LD & ASD) encompasses supported living, vocational activity and short breaks and supports adults of all ages who have learning disabilities, autism and complex needs. Services provide person centred care, individualised support, skills building and whole life learning, supporting people and using assets based approaches to promote independent living.
With the opportunity to work in Lerwick or central Shetland, the locations of these excellently resourced facilities offers a great opportunity to live and work in stunning settings, at the heart of caring, supportive communities.
Wondering if a career in adult social care is suited to you? Take this short quiz and find out: Quiz - Could you care?
For further details, please contact Team Leaders:
- Diane Colvin (Supported Living and Outreach): firstname.lastname@example.org / 01595 744306
- Elaine Laurenson (Assertive Community Transition): email@example.com / 01595744390
- Connie Russell (Eric Gray Seafield): firstname.lastname@example.org / 01595 745561
- Robbie Simpson (Newcraigielea): email@example.com / 01595 744462
- The grades of these posts range between F/G/H
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,397 per annum (pro rata)
- Contracted posts are career graded - your salary and career progression will depend on your experience and qualifications
- Relief posts are graded F - £12.32 per hour inclusive of Distant Island Allowance
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of the agreed start date
- Where appropriate a relocation package may apply to contracted posts
- We will pay interview expenses from within the UK
- We are happy to talk flexible working
To apply and for more details on the post, employee benefits, values and relocation click here: Shetland Islands Council - my jobs scotland.
Important: Whilst completing the application please indicate what type of post you are interested in: contracted or relief. If you are interested in a contracted position, please also indicate the number of hours per week you would like to apply for, as well as providing details of any particular service area, or location, preferred.
Whilst completing the application please also refer to the document in the application pack, Person Specification guidance for applicants for posts within Adult Services.
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Closing date: Ongoing Recruitment