- North Haven Care Centre, Brae, ZE2 9TY
- £13.30 - £13.82 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 18 hours per week
This position has expired.
The purpose of the job is to actively provide person-centred care in accordance with relevant legislation and guidelines. To attend to the physical, social and emotional needs of the service users in your care, this could include;
- Older people, including those with needs associated with dementia;
- Children and young people, including those with special needs;
- Adults with learning disabilities;
- Adults with physical disabilities; and
- Adults with mental ill-health
in their own homes and/or in a residential, supported accommodation or day-care setting.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is G
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.2415 per hour
- 2 x Temporary Part Time post for 18.0 Hours per Week , 52.18 weeks per year. Temporary contract for a period of approximately 6 months.
- This post is predominantly based in the care centre, however there may be occasions which require you to complete shifts within care at home
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of the agreed start date
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of one persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at North Haven Care Services, Brae, Shetland.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Emma Spence, Team Leader, Telephone on 01595 743854 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
If you’re a kind, compassionate person who’d like to make a difference to people’s lives, then social care could be the right career for you.
Information about Shetland
Shetland is an archipelago in the north of the British Isles where you'll find freedom, wildlife and wild beauty, but also a rich culture and dynamic, forward-looking society. The Islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly, bustling island communities. Factor in Shetland's impressive modern amenities, highly regarded schools and the Islands offer a work life balance rarely found elsewhere.
Find out more about:
Living and working in Shetland: here
The Shetland Islands Council: here