- Location: Grantfield, Lerwick, ZE1 0NT
- Rate: £11.65 - £13.30 per hour
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Part Time
This position has expired.
Supported Living & Outreach (SLO) is a registered Housing Support and Care at Home service that sits within the Adult Services department of Community Health and Social Care Directorate. The service follows guidance from the Scottish Government’s Keys to Life Strategy, Health and Social Care Standards (My Support, My Life) and Fairer Scotland Action Plan; with a focus on promoting choice and control and independent living through a healthy life, active citizenship, and inclusion. The service is registered with the SSSC and staff are required to register and adhere to codes of conduct and registration.
In addition to learning disability and/or complex need, individuals we support may have physical, emotional and social issues with associated behavioural challenges, requiring compassionate support to understand, prepare for and manage independent living.
The service delivers a local provision of supported tenancies and outreach support for people who have learning disabilities and complex needs. At the core of our service is the belief in inclusion and relationships that enable meaningful connections to family, friends and the wider community. The fundamental outcome of the service is to promote independent living, meet needs and work together to enable a life of choices, opportunities and participation.
The purpose of the role is to provide person centred care, individualised support, skills building and whole life learning to people with a range of needs using assets based approaches. The role can be very physically and emotionally demanding and a high level of personal resilience and strength is essential to support users of the service.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is F/G
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.1576 per hour
- This post is career graded - your salary and career progression will depend on your experience and qualifications
- 1 x Permanent Part Time Flexi Post for 30 hours per week, 52.18 weeks per year
- 2 x Permanent Part Time Posts for 28 hours per week, 52.18 weeks per year
- 1 x Permanent Part Time Waking Nights Post for 27.5 hours per week, 52.18 weeks per year
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 12 months of the agreed start date
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Supported Living & Outreach Services, Lerwick
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Claire Derwin, Team Leader on 01595 744484 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
If you’re a kind, compassionate person who’d like to make a difference to people’s lives, then social care could be the right career for you.