Social Worker - Children & FamiliesFavourite
|Closes:||Monday, 22nd January 2018|
|Published:||Tuesday, 9th January 2018|
|Location:||Hayfield House, Hayfield Lane, Lerwick|
|Salary:||£31,529.18 - £36,220.68 per year|
|Hours:||37.00 hours per week|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Organisation:||Shetland Islands Council|
|Category:||Social Services / Housing / Childcare|
|Sub-category:||Children's Social Work|
The purpose of the job is to provide a professional social work service as part of an operational team, based in Children’s Services - Fieldwork.
The service would welcome applications from candidates with an interest in Youth Justice
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is J/K
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,048 per annum
- This post is career graded - your salary and career progression will depend on your experience and qualifications
- Permanent Full Time post for 37.0 Hours per Week hours per week, 52.18 weeks per year
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of the agreed start date
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- You must have the ability to travel throughout Shetland at short notice and where public transport is limited
- Other allowances - Standby, Telephone
- Not suitable for Remote Working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Hayfield House, Lerwick
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Morag Williamson, Senior Social Worker, 01595 744410, email email@example.com, or Wendy Lowrie, 01595 744998, email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
See also:Employee Benefits Dec 2017.pdf
Conditions of Service - Local Government Employees - Mar 2017.pdf
Social Worker - GENERIC Career Grade(J-K).pdf
Social Worker - Children & Families (K).pdf