- Grantfield, Lerwick, ZE1 0NT
- £39,021.62 - £40,681.99 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
Shetland Islands Council
Social Worker / Mental Health Officer – Adult Social Work
£35,411.29 – £40,681.99 per annum (J – K Career Graded) inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance. Salary scale placement is dependent on qualifications and experience.
A relocation package applies to these posts and we will pay interview expenses from within the UK.
Are you an ambitious Social Work professional looking for a new career challenge and a better quality of life? If so, here at Shetland Islands Council we have a job for someone just like you.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Social Worker who holds a Mental Health Officer (MHO) qualification. However, applications will also be considered from Social Workers who wish to undertake post-qualifying MHO training in the future.
The Adult Social Work Team covers a wide and varied Service User Group, and our work can be challenging but very rewarding. If you have an MHO qualification, there will be the opportunity to hold a more specialised mental health caseload.
Applicants who hold an equivalent UK qualification, for example, Approved Mental Health Practitioner, will be required to undertake MHO accreditation training at the earliest opportunity.
As a Social Worker for Shetland Islands Council you will benefit from:
- Excellent Terms and Conditions
- Distant islands allowance
- A comprehensive relocation package
- A varied workload and career development opportunities
- A chance to work across a range of island communities
- A stress-free commute to work
- An exceptional work/life balance
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is career graded J/K - your salary and career progression will depend on your experience and qualifications. Employees who possess an MHO qualification commence on grade K.
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,397 per annum
- Permanent Full Time post for 37.0 Hours per Week , 52.18 weeks per year.
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of the agreed start date
- The ability to travel throughout Shetland at short notice and where public transport is limited
- The post-holder will be required to participate on the Social Work standby and first contact MHO out of hours rotas.
- This post is based at Grantfield, Lerwick
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Grantfield, Lerwick
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Eleanor Stewart, Team Leader – Mental Health [Adult Social Work] Tel - 01595 744400, Email -email@example.com
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Information about Shetland
Shetland is an archipelago in the north of the British Isles where you'll find freedom, wildlife and wild beauty, but also a rich culture and dynamic, forward-looking society. The Islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly, bustling island communities. Factor in Shetland's impressive modern amenities, highly regarded schools and the Islands offer a work life balance rarely found elsewhere.
Find out more about: