- Location: Sandwick Junior High School, Sandwick, ZE2 9HH
- Rate: £9.46 - £9.84 per hour
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Term Time Part Time
- Hours: 10 hours per week
This position has expired.
Responsible, under the direction of the head of establishment or such other officer as may be designated by the authority, individually or as a member of a team, for securing the safety, welfare and good conduct of pupils during the break period in accordance with the practices and procedures of the local authority. Duties will include supervision of the pupils in the dining hall, playground areas and school premises and may include ancillary associated duties (for example cleaning up spillages, ensuring tables are clean, etc) to ensure the maintenance of good order and discipline.
Sandwick Junior High School is a non-denominational school located in Sandwick. It provides early years, primary and secondary education up to S4 for children from Sandwick and the surrounding area for primary and the whole South Mainland for secondary. The structure of the school is 2 early years sessions (1 am and 1 pm), 6 primary classes and secondary 1-4 classes. There is currently a total of 279 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher and Depute Head Teacher. For more information about the school you can visit our school glow blog or contact the school office on: 01595 745320
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is B
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.1576 per hour
- Employees on grade B will be paid a Scottish Living Wage supplement of £1.28 per hour. The hourly rate will therefore be £10.74 per hour.
- Permanent Term Time Part Time post for 10.0 Hours per Week , 39.00 weeks per year plus 6.04 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays.
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Sandwick Junior High School.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Stuart Clubb, Head Teacher, Telephone 01595 745320 or email email@example.com
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.