- Location: Mossbank Primary School, Mossbank, ZE2 9RB
- Rate: £10.73 - £11.75 per hour
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Part Time
- Hours: 17.5 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
The purpose of this post is to work effectively as a member of an Early Learning and Childcare team to support in the delivery of a high quality, safe and balanced education and care service, which meets the needs of each young child and their families and is in accordance with relevant legislation and guidelines.
Post holders must apply for and maintain registered status with the registering body as long as the post is held.
In accordance with the Scottish Social Services Council; all Social Work Service workers must adhere to the following Codes of Practice: http://www.sssc.uk.com/doc_view/1020-sssc-codes-of-practice-for-social-service-workers-and-employers
The SSSC have a Continuous Learning Framework and staff should make themselves aware of the content and how it relates to the Support Worker post.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is E/F
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.1172 per hour
- This post is career graded - your salary and career progression will depend on your experience and qualifications
- Permanent Part Time post for 17.5 Hours per Week hours per week, 40.5 weeks per year plus 6.27 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays].
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of the agreed start date
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- The successful candidate will be subject to satisfactory Pre-Employment Medical screening with our Occupational Health provider.
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Mossbank Primary School
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Jennifer Nisbet, Head Teacher, Telephone on 01595 807280 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.