- Scalloway Primary School, Scalloway, Shetland, ZE1 0TN
- £18.09 - £26.55 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Term Time Part Time
- 10.5 hours per week
This position has expired.
The main duties of a teacher are outlined in Part 2: Section 2 of the SNCT Handbook.
Scalloway Primary School is a non-denominational school located in Scalloway. It provides Primary Education from P1 to P7 and Early Years and Childcare for 3 and 4 year olds. The school’s catchment area includes Scalloway, Trondra and the Tingwall Valley. Currently we have two Early Years classes and 7 straight stages in primary. There is currently a total of 168 pupils on the school and EY roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher. The current staffing complement is 9 class teachers (2 job-shares), specialist teachers in Art, Music and PE. Class teachers are assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands and the needs of the pupils. The Head Teacher is Mrs Jennifer Williamson. Further information can be found on the schools website at http://www.scalloway.shetland.sch.uk/.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is TCHR
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.3769 per hour
- Permanent Term Time Part Time post for 10.5 Hours per Week , 39 weeks per year
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) prior to starting in post
- We would welcome applications from flexible route probationers
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
- FTE of post: 0.3
- Sector/Subject specialism: Additional Support Needs
- Qualification requirement: GTCS Registration
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Scalloway Primary School, Shetland.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Morag Fox, Head Teacher, on 01595 743777, or Email Morag.Fox@shetland.gov.uk
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.