- Brae High School, Brae, ZE2 9QJ
- £29,895 - £43,809 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Term Time Full Time
- 35 hours per week
Are you an enthusiastic, creative and inspiring Teacher of Craft, Design and Technology with the skills, confidence and energy to make a positive impact on the lives of our children and young people? If so, the Shetland Islands Council is offering an exciting opportunity to work at our excellently resourced Brae High School in Brae.
- A relocation package does apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within the UK
Brae High School is a non-denominational school located in Brae. It provides early years, primary and secondary education up to S6 for children from the north mainland of Shetland. The structure of the school is Early Years, P1-P7 which includes composites, and S1-6 classes. There is currently a total of 324 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher and 2 Depute Head Teachers. The current Head Teacher is Logan Nicolson. Further information can be found on the schools website at https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/sh/brae/.
As well as the relevant qualifications and experience, qualities we are looking for in the successful candidate are: a can-do attitude, vision, energy, initiative, good communication skills and self-discipline.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is TCHR
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,397 per annum (pro rata)
- Permanent Term Time Full Time post for 35.0 Hours per Week , 39 weeks per year
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) prior to starting in post
- We would welcome applications from flexible route probationers
- We are happy to talk flexible working
- FTE of Post: 1.0
- Sector/Subject Specialism: Craft Design and Technology
- Class Information: Secondary
During the application process you are required to give the names of twopersons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Brae High School, Brae, Shetland.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Logan Nicolson, Head Teacher, Telephone on 01595 745600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Information about Shetland
Shetland is an archipelago in the north of the British Isles where you'll find freedom, wildlife and wild beauty, but also a rich culture and dynamic, forward-looking society. The Islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly, bustling island communities. Factor in Shetland's impressive modern amenities, highly regarded schools and the Islands offer a work life balance rarely found elsewhere.
Find out more about:
Living and working in Shetland: here
The Shetland Islands Council: here