- Shetland (see advert), ZE1 000
- £29,895 - £43,809 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
The main duties of a teacher are outlined in Part 2: Section 2 of the SNCT Handbook. Subject to the policies and practice of the school and Shetland Islands Council.
The post will be based between Baltasound Junior High School 0.8 FTE and Mid Yell Junior Highschool 0.2 FTE
Baltasound Junior High School is a non-denominational school located in Unst. It provides nursery, primary and secondary education up to S4 for children from the island of Unst. The structure of the school is 1 nursery, 2 composite primary classes and S1-4 classes. There is currently a total of 89 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher and 1 Depute Head Teacher. The current staffing complement is 15 teachers assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands. The current Head Teacher is Mr Paul Thomson. Further information can be found on the schools website at http://unst.org/web/bjhs/.
Mid Yell Junior High School is a non-denominational school located in Mid Yell, Yell. It provides nursery, primary and secondary education up to S4 for children from Central, Mid and East Yell for Primary and the whole island of Yell for Secondary. The structure of the school is 1 nursery class, 2 composite primary classes and S1-4 classes. There is currently a total of 106 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher and 1 Depute Head Teacher. The current staffing complement is 18 teachers assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands. The current Head Teacher is Mr Mark Lawson. Further information can be found on the schools website at http://www.midyell.shetland.sch.uk/.
- A relocation package does apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within the UK
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is TCHR
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,397 per annum
- Permanent Full Time post for 35.0 Hours per Week , 39 weeks per year plus 6.04 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) prior to starting in post
- We would welcome applications from flexible route probationers
- FTE of post: 1
- Class information age range: Secondary
- Sector / Subject Specialism : English
- Qualification: Teaching qualification English (Secondary)
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Baltasound and Mid Yell Junior High Schools, Shetland.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Paul Thomson, Head Teacher, Telephone 01595 807020 or email Paul.Thomson2@shetland.gov.uk
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Information about Shetland
Shetland is an archipelago in the north of the British Isles where you'll find freedom, wildlife and wild beauty, but also a rich culture and dynamic, forward-looking society. The Islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly, bustling island communities. Factor in Shetland's impressive modern amenities, highly regarded schools and the Islands offer a work life balance rarely found elsewhere.
Find out more about:
Living and working in Shetland: here
The Shetland Islands Council: here