- Location: Shetland (see advert), ZE1 000
- Salary: £29,733.00 - £43,647.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
Baltasound Junior High School is a non-denominational school located in Unst. It provides nursery, primary and secondary education up to S4 for children from the island of Unst. The structure of the school is 1 nursery, 2 composite primary classes and S1-4 classes. There is currently a total of 79 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher and 1 Depute Head Teacher. The current staffing complement is 15 teachers assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands. The current Head Teacher is Mr Paul Thomson. Further information can be found on the schools website at http://unst.org/web/bjhs/.
Mid Yell Junior High School is a non-denominational school located in Mid Yell, Yell. It provides nursery, primary and secondary education up to S4 for children from Central, Mid and East Yell for Primary and the whole island of Yell for Secondary. The structure of the school is 1 nursery class, 2 composite primary classes and S1-4 classes. There is currently a total of 106 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher and 1 Depute Head Teacher. The current staffing complement is 18 teachers assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands. The current Head Teacher is Mr Mark Lawson. Further information can be found on the schools website at http://www.midyell.shetland.sch.uk/.
- A relocation package does apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within the UK
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is TCHR
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,235 per annum
- Permanent Full Time post for 35.0 Hours per Week
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) prior to starting in post
- We would welcome applications from flexible route probationers
- You must have the ability to travel throughout Shetland at short notice and where public transport is limited
- We are happy to talk flexible working
- FTE of post: 1.0
- Sector/Subject specialism: Home Economics
- Qualification requirement: GTCS registered
- Class information, age range etc: S1-S4
- Any other information specific to post or setting: At present this post is 3 days in Mid Yell Junior High School and 2 days in Baltasound Junior High School.
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post holder will work at Mid Yell Junior High School and Baltasound Junior High School.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Mark Lawson, Head Teacher on 01595 745050 or e-mail email@example.com
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.