- Sandwick Junior High School, Sandwick, ZE2 9HH
- £30,510 - £44,733 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Term Time Full Time
- 35 hours per week
Teacher of Mathematics, 1.0 FTE, permanent
Are you passionate about teaching, learning and inclusion with the skills, confidence and energy to make a positive impact on the lives of our children and young people in the Shetland Islands?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated Teacher of Mathematics to join our team at our excellently resourced Sandwick Junior High School.
Our beautiful location offers great opportunities for learning and we benefit from an excellently resourced school, at the heart of a caring, supportive community.
- A relocation package does apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within the UK
Sandwick Junior High School is a non-denominational school located in Sandwick. It provides early years, primary and secondary education up to S4 for children from Sandwick and the surrounding area for primary and the whole South Mainland for secondary. The structure of the school is early years with extended hours, 5 primary classes and secondary 1-4 classes. There is currently a total of 250 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher and 2 Depute Head Teachers. For more information about the school you can visit our school glow blog or contact the school office on: 01595 745320
Candidates should detail in their application whether they currently hold registration with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS). If not, candidates should detail in their application whether they have sought confirmation that they will be able to be registered with the GTCS.
As well as the relevant qualifications and experience, qualities we are looking for in the successful candidate are: vision, energy, initiative, good communication skills and self-discipline.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is TCHR
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,397 per annum (pro rata)
- Permanent Term Time Full Time post for 35.0 Hours per Week , 39 weeks per year
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) prior to starting in post
- We would welcome applications from flexible route probationers. Probationers who will meet the standard for full-registration at the end of this school session are welcome to apply.
- We are happy to talk flexible working
- FTE of Post: 1.0
- Sector/Subject Specialism: Maths
- Class Information: S1-S4
- Qualification Required: GTC Registration
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Sandwick Junior High School, Sandwick, Shetland.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Robin Calder, Executive Manager, Telephone 01595 744745 or email Robin.Calder@shetland.gov.uk
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Information about Shetland
Shetland is an archipelago in the north of the British Isles where you'll find freedom, wildlife and wild beauty, but also a rich culture and dynamic, forward-looking society. The Islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly, bustling island communities. Factor in Shetland's impressive modern amenities, highly regarded schools and the Islands offer a work life balance rarely found elsewhere.
Find out more about:
Living and working in Shetland: here