Teacher of Music - Support for Learning - Anderson High SchoolFavourite
|Closes:||Friday, 26th January 2018|
|Published:||Friday, 12th January 2018|
|Location:||Anderson High School, North Loch Drive, Lerwick|
|Rate:||£15.17 - £23.44 per hour|
|Hours:||3.50 hours per week|
|Position Type:||Term Time Part Time|
|Organisation:||Shetland Islands Council|
Anderson High School is a six year school, serving Lerwick and the surrounding areas, with our associated primary schools of Bells Brae, Hamnavoe, Nesting, Scalloway, Sound, Tingwall and Whiteness. In addition, pupils from the small islands of Fair Isle, Foula and Fetlar attend the school for up to six years. The school also serves all pupils in Shetland for S5 and S6, except for those attending Brae High School. There are extensive transport arrangements into Lerwick, and Halls of Residence accommodation for those pupils unable to travel each day.
In September 2016, 910 pupils were enrolled at Anderson High School. There were 68.24 full‐time equivalent teachers with 11.19 teachers of Additional Support Needs, based at Anderson High, supporting pupils from across Shetland. The Head Teacher is Ms Valerie Nicolson and further information about the school can be found at http://www.anderson.shetland.sch.uk/joomla/.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is TCHR
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.2729 per hour
- Permanent Term Time Part Time post for 3.5 Hours per Week hours per week, 39 weeks per year plus 8 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS)
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- Not suitable for Job Share
- Not suitable for Remote Working
- FTE of post: 0.1
- Sector/Subject specialism: Music - Support for Learning
- Qualification requirement: Music Teaching Qualification
- Class information, age range: S1 to S6, age range 12-19
- Teaching pupils with complex needs
- Preferred day of work is a Monday, although negotiation is possible
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Anderson High School, Lerwick
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Michelle Grant, Principal Teacher - Support for Learning, on 01595 743709 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.