Teacher of Primary - Hamnavoe Primary SchoolFavourite
|Closes:||Monday, 25th September 2017|
|Published:||Tuesday, 12th September 2017|
|Location:||Hamnavoe Primary School, Burra|
|Rate:||£14.87 - £22.98 per hour|
|Hours:||19.25 hours per week|
|Position Type:||Term Time Part Time|
|Organisation:||Shetland Islands Council|
Hamnavoe Primary School is a non-denominational school located in Hamnavoe, Burra. It provides primary education to P7 for children from Burra Isle. The structure of the school is 3 composite classes. There are currently a total 70 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher. The current staffing complement is 4 teachers assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands. The current Head Teacher is Mrs Helen Robertson. Further information can be found on the schools website at http://www.hamnavoe.shetland.sch.uk/
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link below for further information -
- The grade of this post is TCHR
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.2450 per hour
- Permanent Term Time Part Time post for 19.25 Hours per Week hours per week, 39 weeks per year plus 8 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS)
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- Not suitable for Job Share
- Not suitable for Remote Working
- FTE of post: 0.55
- Sector/subject specialism: Primary
- Qualification requirement: B.Ed or equivalent
- Class information, age range: Primary 6-7
- The successful candidate will have 12.5 hours per week class contact time and the proposed working pattern would be 2 full days and 5.25 hours the third day.
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Hamnavoe Primary School, Burra
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Helen Robertson, Head Teacher - email@example.com - 01595 807440
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.