- Location: Whalsay School, Symbister, Whalsay, Shetland, ZE2 9AQ
- Rate: £15 - £23 per hour
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Part Time
- Hours: 17.5 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Whalsay School is a non-denominational school located in Symbister, Whalsay. It provides nursery, primary and secondary education up to S4 for children from the whole island of Whalsay. The structure of the school is 2 nursery classes, 5 composite primary classes and S1-4 secondary classes. There are currently a total 165 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher and 1 Depute Head Teacher. The current staffing complement is 22 teachers assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands. The current Head Teacher is Mr Garry Spence. Further information can be found on the schools website at https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/sh/whalsayschoolweb/
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is TCHR
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.2729 per hour
- Permanent Part Time post for 17.5 Hours per Week
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) prior to starting in post
- We would welcome applications from flexible route probationers
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- Not suitable for remote working
- FTE of post: 0.5
- Sector/subject specialism: Primary
- Qualification requirement: Primary qualification
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Whalsay School
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Garry Spence, Head Teacher, on 01595 743800 or email email@example.com
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.