- Mossbank Primary School, Mossbank, ZE2 9RB
- £30,510 - £44,733 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
Mossbank Primary School is a non-denominational school located in Mossbank. It provides nursery to P7 education for children from Mossbank, Firth and Toft. The structure of the school is 1 nursery class and 2 composite primary classes. There is currently a total of 59 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a teaching Head Teacher. The current staffing complement is 2 teachers assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands. The current Head Teacher is Mrs Jennifer Nisbet. Further information can be found on the schools website at http://www.mossbank.shetland.sch.uk/.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is TCHR
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,397 per annum (pro rata)
- Permanent Full Time post for 35.0 Hours per Week , 39 weeks per year
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) prior to starting in post
- We would welcome applications from flexible route probationers
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Mossbank Primary School, Mossbank, Shetland.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Jennifer Nisbet, Head Teacher, Telephone 01595 807280 or email Jennifer.Nisbet@shetland.gov.uk
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Information about Shetland
Shetland is an archipelago in the north of the British Isles where you'll find freedom, wildlife and wild beauty, but also a rich culture and dynamic, forward-looking society. The Islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly, bustling island communities. Factor in Shetland's impressive modern amenities, highly regarded schools and the Islands offer a work life balance rarely found elsewhere.
Find out more about:
Living and working in Shetland: here
The Shetland Islands Council: here