Teacher of Primary - Skeld Primary SchoolFavourite
|Closes:||Thursday, 22nd February 2018|
|Published:||Friday, 9th February 2018|
|Location:||Skeld Primary School, Westerskeld, Skeld, Shetland|
|Rate:||£15.17 - £23.44 per hour|
|Hours:||20.50 hours per week|
|Position Type:||Term Time Part Time|
|Organisation:||Shetland Islands Council|
Skeld Primary School is a non-denominational school located in Skeld. It provides nursery to P7 education for children from Skeld, Reawick, Culswick and Sand. The structure of the school is 1 nursery and 1 composite primary class. There are currently a total 16 pupils in the primary class. The school is managed by a teaching Head Teacher. The current staffing complement is 1 full-time teacher, 1 part-time teacher, 1 part-time clerical assistant, 1 part-time cook, 1 part-time early years worker, 1 part-time early years assistant, 1 part-time learning support assistant and 1 part-time cleaner in charge. The current Head Teacher is Mrs Helen Perry.
This post combines the Head Teacher's non-teaching cover, one nursery teaching session and the ASN teacher allocation
Working pattern will be Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link below for further information -
- The grade of this post is TCHR
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.2729 per hour
- Permanent Term Time Part Time post for 20.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per year plus 8 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS)
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- Class information: P1 to P7 composite class of 14 children
- You must hold an appropriate teaching qualification
- Head Teacher admin cover for 11.67 hours per week
- ASN teacher and Nursery teacher hours combined 8.83 hours per week
- Not suitable for Job Share
- Not suitable for Remote Working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Skeld Primary School, Westerskeld, Skeld
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Helen Perry, Head Teacher - 01595 807480 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.