- Whiteness Primary School, Whiteness, Shetland, ZE2 9LJ
- £29,733.00 - £43,647.00 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
Whiteness Primary School is a non-denominational school located in Whiteness. It provides Early Years to P7 education for children from Whiteness and Weisdale and the surrounding area. The structure of the school is an ELC setting offering flexible Early Learning and Childcare for 3-4 year olds for up to 6 hours a day 5 days a week and 4 composite primary classes. There is currently a total of 97 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher. The current staffing complement is 4 teachers assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands. The current Head Teacher is Mrs Rachel Colclough. Further information can be found on the schools website at https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/sh/whitenessprimaryschool/.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is TCHR
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,235 per annum (pro rata)
- Temporary Full Time post for 35.0 Hours per Week , 39.00 weeks per year. Temporary contract for a period of approximately 12 months. This is for the duration of a period of maternity leave, and will terminate following the return to work or resignation of the postholder
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) prior to starting in post
- We would welcome applications from flexible route probationers
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
- This post is to cover a P7 class in the first instance
- FTE of post: 1.0
- Qualification requirement: Appropriate teaching qualification
- Subject specialism: Primary
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Whiteness Primary School, Whiteness.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Rachel Colclough, Head Teacher, Telephone on 01595 745380 or email email@example.com
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.