Vocational Training Co-ordinator - Train ShetlandFavourite
|Closes:||Thursday, 25th January 2018|
|Published:||Thursday, 11th January 2018|
|Location:||Train Shetland, Gremista, Lerwick|
|Salary:||£28,312.36 - £29,470.76 per year Pro Rata|
|Hours:||37.00 hours per week|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Organisation:||Shetland Islands Council|
|Sub-category:||Assessment / Verification / Training|
Vocational Training Co-ordinators will work as part of a team, to instigate, co-ordinate and monitor to completion Modern Apprentice training programmes in a wide variety of disciplines throughout Shetland.
More details is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached below.
This post is based at Train Shetland, Gremista
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Kevin Briggs, Joint Vocational Training Manager, email@example.com, 01595743748
Please follow the link(s) below for further information.
The grade of this post is Grade I.
• Salary shown is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,094 per annum (pro rata).
• Temporary Full-Time post for 37.0 Hours per Week hours per week for 52.18 weeks per year.
• Temporary post for a period of approximately 5 months to 30/06/18.
• Temporary appointment for the duration of a period of secondment by substantive postholder.
• Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made.
• A relocation package does not apply to this post.
• We will pay interview expenses from with Shetland.
• Ability to travel throughout Shetland at short notice and where public transport is limited
• This post is not suitable for Job Share.
• This post is not suitable for remote working.
The main duties of the Vocational Training Co-ordinator include:
• To liaise with local employers regarding their training needs and potential apprenticeship vacancies. To keep employers informed of relevant developments within the training field.
• To provide advice and information to prospective applicants, parents and teaching staff on the range of options and criteria for entry on to government funded training programmes.
• To liaise with SIC managers regarding vocational training, and assessment options, college courses etc which may be relevant for their employees.
• To market the service by giving formal presentations to pupils and teachers at all secondary schools throughout Shetland. Use of display stands, presentation equipment, laptop, and training materials when attending the annual careers convention, open-days, and school careers fairs.
Applications should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Possession of HND/SVQ Level 4 or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- 3 years in post in a supervisory or co-coordinating role.
- Experience of working with young people in training, coaching or teaching/learning environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels
See also:Conditions of Service - Local Government Employees - Mar 2017.pdf
Employee Benefits Dec 2017.pdf
Vocational Training Co-ordinator (I).pdf