Youth Worker - Ness Youth ClubFavourite
|Closes:||Tuesday, 26th September 2017|
|Published:||Wednesday, 13th September 2017|
|Location:||Ness Youth Club, Boddam Hall, Boddam, Dunrossness|
|Rate:||£10.07 - £10.48 per hour|
|Hours:||2.00 hours per week|
|Position Type:||Term Time Part Time|
|Organisation:||Shetland Islands Council|
|Sub-category:||Youth Worker / Childcare Practitioner / Early Year Practitioner|
The Youth Worker’s role is to contribute to the delivery of youth work opportunities in a variety of settings, including youth clubs and in collaboration with schools and other agencies. Youth Workers will report to a Youth Development Worker and will work closely with other youth work staff and volunteers to maximise opportunities for young people to access social and personal development as well as learning opportunities.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link below for further information -
- The grade of this post is E
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.0608 per
- Permanent Term Time Part Time post for 2.0 Hours per Week hours per week, 19 weeks per year plus 2.94 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- Not suitable for Job Share
- Not suitable for Remote Working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Ness Youth Club, Dunrossness
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Wendy Lowe, Youth Development Worker, Telephone on 01595 743894 or email email@example.com
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
See also:Conditions of Service - Local Government Employees - Mar 2017.pdf
Employee Benefits June 2017.pdf
Youth Worker (Generic) JPPS (E).pdf