Early Learning and Childcare Modern Apprentice - Various Early Years Centres SOA02992Favourite
|Closes:||Sunday, 1st April 2018|
|Published:||Tuesday, 13th March 2018|
|Location:||Various Locations within South Ayrshire|
|Salary:||£10,767 per year|
|Hours:||35.00 hours per week|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Organisation:||South Ayrshire Council|
|Category:||Modern Apprenticeship / Trainee|
MODERN APPRENTICESHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Early Learning and Childcare
The Scottish Government’s commitment to the expansion of early learning and childcare to 1140 hours by 2020 will require a significant increase in staffing to ensure the highest standard of quality service provision. As a result, South Ayrshire Council is currently advertising apprenticeship opportunities:
- Apprentices will be supported to achieve an SVQ in Social Services (Children and Young People) SCQF 7
- Placements will be in South Ayrshire Council early years establishments where apprentices will carry out specific duties relating to the role.
- Depending on experience, it is anticipated that the apprentices will be supported to achieve the qualification over a period of 12-24 months. Once qualified participants will be guaranteed interviews for Early Years Practitioners posts
- During the first 12 months apprentices will be paid an hourly rate of £5.90
- During month 13–24 apprentices aged 19-24 will be entitled to the National Minimum Wage and those aged 25 or over will be entitled to the National Living Wage.
Apprentices will need:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A keen interest to work in this area
- 4 National 4s or above, or a relevant course at SCQF Level 4 or equivalent
The closing date is Sunday 1 April 2018 and the assessment centre / interview will take place on either 17th, 18th or 19th April 2018, with a start date of Monday 14th May 2018.
Applications can be completed at:
For further information, please contact Maureen Wallace on 01292 612056.
This post is considered to be Regulated Work with children and as specified in the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) (PVG) Act 2007. Accordingly the preferred candidate will be required to become a member of the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme update if already a Scheme member, prior to any formal offer of employment being made. If you wish further information on the PVG Scheme you can visit the Disclosure Scotland website at www.disclosurescotland.co.uk.
Closing date for applications is 01 April 2018.