- Various Locations within South Ayrshire, KA7 1DR
- £11,971 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
MODERN APPRENTICESHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Early Learning and Childcare
As one of South Ayrshire’s largest employer we strongly believe in developing people to their full potential. Our Modern Apprenticeship Programme offers:
- Apprentices will be supported to achieve an SVQ in Social Services (Children and Young People) SCQF 7
- Placements will be split between South Ayrshire Council Early Years and Out of School Care establishments where apprentices will carry out specific duties relating to the role.
- Depending on experience, it is anticipated that the apprentices will be supported to achieve the qualification over a period of up to 18 months.
- £6.56 Per Hour x 35 Hours Per Week
- A range of Modern Apprentice Challenges to further develop your skills
Apprentices will need:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A keen interest to work in this area
- Three National 5, which must include English, or a relevant qualification at SCQF Level 5 or above
The Council provides a wide range of employability opportunities for people in South Ayrshire in order to support them in gaining experience, training and employment. This programme is part of the council’s youth employability initiative. We are committed to offering career development opportunities for young people within South Ayrshire and to comply with the conditions of funding from skills development Scotland, applicants must be fall into the following categories before the start date of the 10 January 2022
- 19 years of age or under
- 29 years of age or under and be a care experienced young person
- 29 years of age or under and have additional support needs
The closing date for this post is 7 November 2021, with the assessment centre and interviews taking place the week beginning 15 November 2021. The format of this will be dependent on National and local restrictions.
If interested in applying for this role, you should apply online at www.myjobscotland.gov.uk. For further information, please contact Colette McPherson or Helen Mclean on 01292 612301.