- Location: Grangeston Roads Depot, Grangestone Industrial Estate, Girvan, Ayrshire, KA26 9AG
- Salary: £11,865.00 per year
- Contract Type: Temporary
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
MODERN APPRENTICESHIP OPPORTUNITY
ROAD WORKER – GRANGESTONE DEPOT, GIRVAN
As one of South Ayrshire’s largest employer we strongly believe in developing people to their full potential, for this opportunity we are working in partnership with Ayrshire Roads Alliance. Our Modern Apprenticeship Programme offers:
- Developing the skills and knowledge to carry out highway maintenance activities and operations.
- SVQ Level 2 in Highway Maintenance (SCQF Level 5)
- Work towards Roads and Street Work Card
- A range of Modern Apprentice Challenges to further develop your skills
- Any necessary core skills
- £6.15 per hour x 37 hours per week, over 5 days Monday to Friday
You will need:
- To be able to take instruction and direction
- To work as part of a team and complete tasks to a required standard with general supervision
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate and interested in working in a roads/construction environment
This programme is part of the council’s youth employability initiative. We are committed to offering career development opportunities for young people within South Ayrshire and to comply with the conditions of funding from skills development Scotland, applicants must be 19 years of age or under, however if you are under 29 years of age and are in the following categories before the start date of 2 November 2020 you are eligible to apply. The categories are - you are care experienced and/or have additional support needs.
If interested in applying for this role applications can be submitted online at www.myjobscotland.gov.uk. For further information, please contact Lynn McGeechan or Cherlene O’Donnell on 01292 612301.
This post is temporary up to 12 months and the Assessment Centre will be held on 30 September 2020.
Closing date for applications is 20 September 2020.