- Location: Grangeston Roads Depot, Grangestone Industrial Estate, Girvan, Ayrshire, KA26 9AG
- Salary: £0.00
- Contract Type: Temporary
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
MODERN APPRENTICESHIP OPPORTUNITIES
ROAD WORKER – GRANGESTONE DEPOT, GIRVAN
As one of South Ayrshire’s largest employer we strongly believe in developing people to their full potential, for this opportunity we are working in partnership with Ayrshire Roads Alliance. Our Modern Apprenticeship Programme offers:
Developing the skills and knowledge to carry out highway maintenance activities and operations.
- SVQ Level 2 in Highway Maintenance (SCQF Level 5)
- Work towards Roads and Street Work Card
- A range of Modern Apprentice Challenges to further develop your skills
- Any necessary core skills
- £6.15 per hour x 37 hours per week. Shift pattern will be Monday to Thursday 08:00 – 16:00 and Friday 08:00 to 15:30You will need:
- To be able to take instruction and direction
- To work as part of a team and complete tasks to a required standard with general supervision
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate and interested in working in a roads/construction environment
This programme is part of the council’s youth employability initiative. We are committed to offering career development opportunities for young people within South Ayrshire and to comply with the conditions of funding from skills development Scotland, applicants on the start date of 1 July 2019 must be aged 18 - 19 years of age or 18 - 29 years of age if care experienced and/or have additional support needs
The closing date for this post is Sunday 2 June and the assessment centre will take place on 18 June 2019 with a start date of 1 July 2019.
If interested in applying for this role applications can be submitted online at www.myjobscotland.gov.uk. For further information, please contact Cherlene O’Donnell on 01292 612301.