SLA03552 - Technical Systems Engineer (IT) (Technology Services)Favourite
|Closes:||Sunday, 18th February 2018|
|Published:||Friday, 9th February 2018|
|Location:||Council, HQ. Almada Street, Hamilton|
|Salary:||£24,782 - £35,312 per year|
|Hours:||35.00 hours per week|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Category:||IT / Telecommunications|
|Sub-category:||IT Support Engineers|
Finance and Corporate Resources
Location: Council Head Quarters, IT Services, Almada Street, Hamilton, ML3 0AA
Hours: 35 hours per week
South Lanarkshire Council is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic IT professional to join Information Technology Services. You will work as part of IT Technology Services who deliver and support the core IT infrastructure critical to keeping the Council operational.
You should have technical proficiency in two or more of the following areas and knowledge of the others:
- End user device support
- Server & storage technologies
- Cisco data & voice technologies
- Microsoft & Red Hat Linux operating systems
As an experienced IT professional, you will be expected to:
- Demonstrate technical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Perform in a demanding, fast paced, evolving environment
- Be capable of interpreting and understanding customer IT infrastructure requirements
- Deliver under tight time scales
In addition, you will be expected to demonstrate:
- A strong background in customer support
- Excellent communication skills particularly when liaising with colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Flexibility in your approach to work
- Ability to work under instruction
- Attention to detail at all times
As part of our approach to good practice and safer recruitment we carry out a number of pre-employment checks for example, Identity, Asylum and Immigration and employment history etc.
As this post involves accessing the public services network, the preferred candidate will be subject to the Baseline Personnel Security Standards (BPSS). The preferred candidate will be subject to a Basic Disclosure provided by Disclosure Scotland prior to a formal offer of employment being made.
Please refer to http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk/publications/ and click on Code of Practice for further information about the disclosure process and best practice.
Please note all correspondence with be sent to your email account.
Closing date: Extended to Sunday 18 February 2018
Interview date: Amended to Wednesday 28th February 2018
South Lanarkshire Council are Equal Opportunities employees and encourage applications from all members of the community. As a user of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum competency/behaviour requirements for the position