- Location: Hamilton Business Unit, Pollock Avenue, ML3 9SZ
- Salary: £12,819.00 - £16,971.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Part Time
- Hours: 17.5 hours per week
This position has expired.
South Lanarkshire Council has delivered its own Emergency Social Work Service (ESWS) since 31 March 2009. This service operates out with office hours and during Public Holidays.
We are currently seeking a Social Work Assistant to work part time within our service, the 17.5 hours are currently worked over a 3 week rota, with 1 weekend off in 3. As a social work assistant in ESWS you will respond to enquiries from the public and other professionals after office hours. These enquiries can be wide ranging and include issues in relation to Child Protection, Adult Support and Protection, Mental Health and Care at Home. Candidates must therefore be able to demonstrate good risk assessment, excellent communication skills and show an ability to resolve problems as they arise. The post provides an opportunity for an experienced and motivated individual wishing to develop skills, knowledge and experience across all service user groups. An awareness of statutory responsibilities, relevant legislation, national care standards and issues affecting vulnerable service users is essential. Proficient IT skills are desirable.
For further details please contact Caroline McCabe - 07795453301
Main accountabilities of the job:
• Provide advice, guidance and support to members of the public ensuring that risk assessment and intervention prioritises the safety and welfare of all individuals.
• Ensure that advice, guidance and direction is provided to assist social work employees and other agencies to undertake their duties efficiently and in a client-centred manner.
• Complete case contact records in accordance with corporate standards outlining process of risk assessment and intervention required by ESWS.
• Undertake any required visits as identified by team leader.
• Assist in the redistribution of work in the event of home carer absence or other unplanned circumstances.
• Demonstrate an ability to prioritise workload by ensuring a timeous response to referrals requiring immediate action.
• Highlight any areas of concern impacting on the safe and efficient delivery of service.
• Ensure self compliance to the Scottish Social Services Council’s Codes of Practice and our Council’s Code of Conduct.
• Adhere to the Council’s commitment to health and safety, supporting attendance, equal opportunities and compliance with all relevant policies.
This description is indicative of the nature and level of responsibilities associated with this job. It is not exhaustive and the job holder will be required to undertake other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the grade.
Delivering a Fairer Future – Under the Council’s positive action programme, applications for this post are particularly encouraged from male applicants. For further information on “Delivering a Fairer Future” please click here
This post is excepted in terms of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 2003.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007. Therefore, it is an offence to apply if you are barred from working with children or protected adults.
Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to a formal offer of employment being made by South Lanarkshire Council.
South Lanarkshire Council is an Equal Opportunities employer and encourages applications from all members of the community. As a user of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum competency/behaviour requirements for the position
South Lanarkshire Council is committed to providing support to members of the armed forces, veterans and their families which is set out in the Armed Forces Community Covenant. Veterans are guaranteed an interview where their previous employer was the armed forces and who meet the minimum requirements for the position.