- Cambuslang Gate, 27 Main Street, Cambuslang, G72 7EX
- £17,555 - £18,088 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 21 hours per week
This position has expired.
The Money Matters Advice Service provides a welfare rights, income maximisation and money advice service to residents of South Lanarkshire Council.
The Service helps client’s complete welfare benefits claim forms, advises on benefits and money advice and provides tribunal representation.
The Welfare Rights Officer (Appeals) will have excellent communication skills and a proven ability to provide accurate and full welfare benefit advice and assistance including representation at social security appeal tribunals.
They will also provide advice and assistance to Social Work staff to enable them to maximise service users’ income. They will assist in the preparation and delivery of welfare benefit training
Work pattern - no set days so would be 3 days in 5 day week or 5 ams or 5 pms.
The preferred candidate will be subject to a Basic Disclosure provided by Disclosure Scotland prior to a formal offer of employment being made.
Please refer to http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk for further information about the disclosure process and best practice.
As the application process has changed, we recommend you familiarise yourself with the revised format and content of the form by clicking on the following link to access the applicant user guide. Please click here
South Lanarkshire Council is an Equal Opportunities employer and encourages applications from all members of the community. As a user of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum competency/behaviour requirements for the position.
South Lanarkshire Council is committed to providing support to members of the armed forces, veterans and their families which is set out in the Armed Forces Community Covenant. Veterans are guaranteed an interview who meet the minimum requirements for the position.
As an employee of the Council you would also receive a wide range of benefits including:
- Enrolment in award winning local government pension scheme
- Up to 32 days annual leave which will be calculated into hours on commencement of the role
- Public holiday entitlement (up to 10 days)
- Occupational sick pay
- Family friendly policies - flexible working and leave, maternity/paternity leave, enhanced leave
- Employee Discounts – including discounts at the cinema
- Range of benefits to support you (Cycle to Work Scheme, Physiotherapy, Employee Assistance Program which offers practical and emotional support)