- Blantyre Area Office, David Dale House, John Street, Blantyre, G72 0JG
- £11.78 - £12.86 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 25 hours per week
As a Revenue Officer you will be responsible for undertaking a range of tasks within the Council’s Non-Domestic Rates Team in accordance with procedures and instruction from the Team Leader. You will answer telephone calls from internal and external customers enquiring about their accounts. You will be expected to provide comprehensive advice to rates bill payers and have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Experience in a debt recovery environment would be advantageous, although not essential, as full training will be provided.
You should be able to demonstrate the ability to work accurately and have previous experience of working to targets and timescales. You should have excellent customer service skills and be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of IT packages including Microsoft Office Suite.
As part of our approach to good practice and safer recruitment we carry out a number of pre-employment checks for example, Identity, Asylum and Immigration and employment history.
The recommended candidate will be subject to a Basic Disclosure check completed by Disclosure Scotland.
Please apply online.
All correspondence will be via your email address registered with myjobscotland.
As an employee of the Council you would also receive a wide range of benefits including:
- Enrolment in award winning local government pension scheme
- Up to 32 days annual leave which will be calculated into hours on commencement of the role
- Public holiday entitlement (up to 10 days)
- Occupational sick pay
- Family friendly policies - flexible working and leave, maternity/paternity leave, enhanced leave
- Employee Discounts – including discounts at the cinema
- Range of benefits to support you (Cycle to Work Scheme, Physiotherapy, Employee Assistance Program which offers practical and emotional support)
Please note all correspondence will be sent to your email account.
South Lanarkshire Council is an Equal Opportunities employer and encourages applications from all members of the community. As a user of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum behaviour requirements for the position
South Lanarkshire Council is committed to providing support to members of the armed forces, veterans and their families which is set out in the Armed Forces Community Covenant. Veterans are guaranteed an interview who meet the minimum requirements for the position.