- East Kilbride Business Unit, 2/4 Glenfield Road, East Kilbride, G75 0RA
- £33,561.16 - £34,618.35 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
Housing & Technical Resources have an opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced individual to undertake the role of Compliance Officer (Property Maintenance), to assist in the delivery of maintenance, adaptations and projects within the Councils Non-Housing general service portfolio of properties.
The successful candidate will hold a SVQ Level 2/3 qualification in an appropriate discipline, time-served, or equivalent relevant experience.
You must be able to display sound knowledge and experience with building trade construction, maintenance, design and current building maintenance legislation, have experience of managing workloads within a multi discipline team of building trade operatives, and be able to demonstrate direct line supervisor skills.
Service delivery is paramount, therefore you should be able to display a commitment to the principals of customer care, demonstrate flexibility and have experience of working to targets and pre-determined timescales, with a strong commitment towards health and safety in the workplace.
Communication is vital in this role, therefore you should have effective IT skills with the ability to produce reports/analyse data and be able to demonstrate excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
You should be able to demonstrate previous experience of working to set budgets, targets and pre-determined timescales along with a ability to prioritise and programme building maintenance and legislative works.
Due to the requirements of this post the ability to travel throughout South Lanarkshire is essential.
South Lanarkshire Council is an Equal Opportunities employer and encourages applications from all members of the community. As a user of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum behaviour requirements for the position
South Lanarkshire Council is committed to providing support to members of the armed forces, veterans and their families which is set out in the Armed Forces Community Covenant. Veterans are guaranteed an interview who meet the minimum requirements for the position.
As an employee of the Council you would also receive a wide range of benefits including:
- Enrolment in award winning local government pension scheme
- Up to 32 days annual leave which will be calculated into hours on commencement of the role
- Public holiday entitlement (up to 10 days)
- Occupational sick pay
- Family friendly policies - flexible working and leave, maternity/paternity leave, enhanced leave
- Employee Discounts – including discounts at the cinema
- Range of benefits to support you (Cycle to Work Scheme, Physiotherapy, Employee Assistance Program which offers practical and emotional support)
Please note all correspondence will be sent to your email account.