- Fleet and Environmental Services, Livingstone Boulevard, Hamilton Technology Park, Hamilton, G72 0BP
- £10.04 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Term Time Part Time
- 15 hours per week
This position has expired.
Hours: 15 hours a week, 39 weeks a year
We are looking to recruit a Bus Escort within the Fleet Services division of Community & Enterprise Resources. The successful candidate will be able to work closely with children and ensure their safe transportation to premises across South Lanarkshire Council.
This post will involve securing wheelchair passengers and seat belts, liaising with parents, establishments and drivers on issues concerning transportation and assisting individuals with additional support needs in and out of the vehicle and to and from premises.
Please Apply online
All correspondence will be via your email address registered with myjobscotland.
Regulated Work with Children and Protected Adults
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007. Therefore, it is an offence to apply if you are barred from working with children or protected adults.
Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to a formal offer of employment being made by South Lanarkshire Council.
Please refer to http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk for further information about the disclosure process and best practice.
Foreign Police Check
Candidates should be able to detail any gaps in employment and provide a foreign police check where applicable for any periods living or working abroad.
- Liaise with parents, establishments and drivers on issues concerning the transport of the children.
- To report to head of establishments any queries regarding the safe transport of the children to and from school.
- Assist children with Special Needs in and out of bus / taxi and to and from establishments.
- Ensure that the children are transported safely this includes securing wheelchairs and seat belts.
- To undertake emergency medical procedures for children.
As an employee of South Lanarkshire Council you would also receive a wide range of benefits including:
- Enrolment in award winning local government pension scheme
- Up to 32 days annual leave
- Public holiday entitlement (up to 10 days)
- Occupational sick pay
- Family friendly policies - flexible working and leave, maternity/paternity leave, enhanced leave.
- Employee Discounts – including discounts at the cinema.
- Range of benefits to support you (Cycle to Work Scheme, Physiotherapy, Employee Assistance Program which offers practical and emotional support)
Equal Opportunities and Armed Forces Community Covenant
South Lanarkshire Council is an Equal Opportunities employer and encourages applications from all members of the community. As a user of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum competency/behaviour requirements for the position.
South Lanarkshire Council is committed to providing support to members of the armed forces, veterans and their families which is set out in the Armed Forces Community Covenant. Veterans are guaranteed an interview who meet the minimum requirements for the position.