SLA11035 - Slater /Roofer
- East Kilbride Business Unit, 2/4 Glenfield Road, East Kilbride, G75 0RA
- £33,529.15 - £34,493.74 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
Location: East Kilbride Business Unit
You will be time-served with trade qualifications SVQ Level 3 / City & Guilds in the appropriate trade discipline and be able to demonstrate sound practical technical competencies in delivering high quality of workmanship in all aspects of your trade.
You should have experience in new builds, modernisation and renovation work. You should have experience in slating, roof tiling and flat roofs.
You should display experience of working within both commercial and domestic properties within the construction industry.
You should demonstrate a commitment to the principals of customer care, while displaying excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to demonstrate previous experience of working to targets and pre-determined timescales along with an awareness of health and safety in the workplace.
This post requires a full driving licence.
Please Apply online
All correspondence will be via your email address registered with myjobscotland.
Equal Opportunities and Armed Forces Community Covenant
South Lanarkshire Council is an Equal Opportunities employer and encourages applications from all members of the community. As a user of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum competency/behaviour requirements for the position.
South Lanarkshire Council is committed to providing support to members of the armed forces, veterans and their families which is set out in the Armed Forces Community Covenant. Veterans are guaranteed an interview who meet the minimum requirements for the position.
As an employee of South Lanarkshire Council you would also receive a wide range of benefits including:
- Enrolment in award winning local government pension scheme
- Up to 33 days annual leave
- Public holiday entitlement (up to 10 days)
- Occupational sick pay
- Family friendly policies - flexible working and leave, maternity/paternity leave, enhanced leave.
- Employee Discounts – including discounts at the cinema.
- Range of benefits to support you (Cycle to Work Scheme, Physiotherapy, Employee Assistance Program which offers practical and emotional support)