- Various Locations across South Lanarkshire
- £22,011.94 - £25,947.47 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
Community and Enterprise Resources
Location: Carnwath / Lesmahagow / Eastkilbride / Larkhall
Hours: 37 hours per week
Shift Pattern: Week 1: Monday - Thursday 8.00am - 4.15pm, Friday 8.00am - 3.30pm. Week 2: Monday - Thursday 8.00am - 4.15pm, Friday 8.00am - 1.00pm
Contractual obligations to fulfil standby duties.
Community & Enterprise Resources are seeking skilled road operatives. You will have experience in a variety of road maintenance and construction tasks e.g. Surfacing, Patching, Drain Laying, Resetting Ironwork, Kerb Laying, Slab and Block Paving and be given the opportunity to be trained to SVQ level 2 in Highway Maintenance.
All successful candidates will be required to participate in an all year round standby rota for which payment of overtime and stand by will be made.
A current full Driving Licence is essential. In particular Applications received from holders of HGV licence will be welcomed with Salary being dependant on Experience and Qualifications.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Delivering a Fairer Future – Under the Council’s positive action programme, applications for this post are particularly encouraged from female applicants.
As the application process has changed, we recommend you familiarise yourself with the revised format and content of the form by clicking on the following link to access the applicant user guide - Please click here
South Lanarkshire Council / South Lanarkshire Leisure & Culture are Equal Opportunities employers and encourage applications from all members of the community. We are committed to the Double Tick Initiative and offer a guaranteed interview to any applicant who considers themselves to be disabled and who meets the competency requirements for the post.
s an employee of South Lanarkshire Council you would also receive a wide range of benefits including:
• Enrolment in award winning local government pension scheme
• Up to 33 days annual leave
• Public holiday entitlement (up to 10 days)
• Occupational sick pay
• Family friendly policies - flexible working, including consideration of a condensed working weeks e.g 4 day working week, maternity/paternity leave, enhanced leave.
• Employee Discounts – including discounts at the cinema.
• Range of benefits to support you (Cycle to Work Scheme, Physiotherapy, Employee Assistance Program which offers practical and emotional support)