- Location: Allan Water House, Kerse Road, Stirling, FK7 7TE
- Salary: £21,522.00 - £22,857.00 per year
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Housing Services within Stirling Council are currently looking to recruit a Groundworker to join our in-house trade team. We currently undertake the construction of New Build Housing and carry out Major Adaptations and Refurbishments for our tenants as well as providing Repair and Maintenance and undertaking Capital Investment works services across our housing portfolio.
The successful applicant will be involved in all aspects of Groundworks and Builders works including the preparation and installation or repair of foundations, sub-structures, drainage, retaining walls, driveways, ramps, footpaths and all associated works as part of Stirling Council’s in-house construction team. The ideal candidate will be motivated, enthusiastic, have previous construction experience and have the ability to work as part of a busy multi-disciplinary team.
You must be Health & Safety conscious to ensure that our high standard of safety within the working environment is maintained at all times to safeguard the workforce, tenants and public at all times.
As part of our commitment to our employees, Stirling Council provides a comprehensive reward and benefit package appropriate to the role that can include:
• 35 hour working week
• Pension Scheme – including employers contribution (approx. 22%)
• 29 days paid holiday plus public holidays (dependant on shift pattern)
• Opportunity for stand-by and emergency cover
• Occupational Health Screening scheme
• Health & Wellbeing opportunities
• Employee discount/reward schemes from major and local retailers
• Cycle to work scheme
• Wide range of learning and development opportunities
If you are interested, please view the job profile and apply online.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Basic Disclosure Application. If your application is progressed after the interview, you will be invited to come in to complete the form and have your details verified.