- West Lothian Civic Centre, Howden South Road, Livingston, EH54 6FF
- £26,766.00 - £30,088.00 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
This position has expired.
Planning Services are seeking to employ 2 Assistant Planning Officers in Development Management to work at Civic Centre, Livingston.
The purpose of an Assistant Planning Officer is to Provide a development management service in respect of mainly householder applications and a number of other application types in West Lothian by making recommendations on these applications, using good judgement, knowledge of planning legislation, council policies and guidance.
To negotiate improvements to proposals for house extensions and other proposals where possible.
To respond to queries from householders in West Lothian about the requirement for planning permission.
To support the Development Management Manager in the checking, registering and plotting of planning and relate applications and to prepare the necessary support material to assist with determination of these applications.
Essential requirements for the post are:
- A degree in Town Planning or other relevant subject appropriate to the service.
- A knowledge of industry standard PC, graphics, mapping and word processing applications.
- Valid Full driving license
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Negotiating skills
- Knowledge of core planning legislation
- Ability to manage workload to ensure delivery on priority projects.
- Knowledge of current and proposed best practice relevant to the responsibilities of the post.
- Good information technology skills.