- Various Locations in West Lothian, EH54 6FF
- £20,553 - £22,486 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 20 hours per week
This position has expired.
1 x 25 hrs per week, 1 x 20 hrs per week
You you can be asked to work 5 days over 7 and anytime between 8am and 10pm (for which you will be paid a 10% shift allowance).
The closing date for this post is provisionally set at 28 November 2021. West Lothian Council reserve the right to close this post early depending on applicant response levels
We are keen to employ a diverse workforce that reflects the people of Scotland. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and particularly from groups currently under-represented, including people with disabilities, those from minority ethnic communities or from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds
Both posts are within the Livingston and Calders Neighbourhood.
Customer and Community Services are looking to recruit x2 Customer and Facilities Assistants. This is a public facing role which involves communicating with customers face to face, on the phone or by email.
The post holder will work as a member of a customer focussed team and will be responsible for delivering a range of tasks and services primarily in our Community Centres, Partnership Centres and Village Halls. These tasks include:
- handling general enquiries and administration of room lets
- setting up rooms and equipment in advance of use
- ensure buildings, rooms and spaces are clean and ready for occupation
- Supporting the volunteer led Management Committees to run programmes and events from our community centre spaces/buildings
- Ensuring the safe operation and running of community centre spaces and buildings, including: carrying out designated building compliance checks/protocols, adhering to advice contained within building Risk Assessments, reporting health and safety concerns and ensuring that fire safety procedures are carried out in accordance with council guidelines.
- Build and maintain relationships with community groups and management committee members
- Provide basic IT support or advice to customers (eg how to use a QR code, download an app)
- Reception duties
You will be expected to take pride in the appearance of the buildings you work within ensuring they are clean, safe and welcoming to the public.
You will require basic level computer and IT skills as part of the role involves using email, outlook calendar, completing forms, inputting data to spreadsheets and accessing the internet.
We require someone with excellent communication and listening skills, who is friendly, diligent, pays attention to detail and is solutions focussed. You will work with minimum supervision so you should be self-motivated and reliable and have the ability to prioritise tasks and forward plan.
You will be required to demonstrate that you can work within a busy and changing environment, remain calm under pressure and that you can respond to the needs of customers and colleagues in a helpful and proactive way.
You should have a willingness to develop your skills and knowledge to ensure our service evolves to meet the needs of our customers and partners.
Most of all, you should enjoy working with people and with the public.
Once fully trained and briefed, you may, on occasion, be required to work alone.
There is an element of manual handling in this role (eg moving furniture and equipment and setting up community centre spaces/rooms for use by the public).
You will be required to travel independently between buildings.
Please refer to the job description for additional information.
Shortlisted candidates should be available to attend an interview between 8th – 10th December 2021.