- West Lothian Civic Centre, Howden South Road, Livingston, EH54 6FF
- £21,379 - £23,312 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
This position has expired.
Applications for this post will only be accepted from current employees of West Lothian Council (this includes casual and agency staff who are currently undertaking work for us)
Planning Services are seeking to employ a Development Management Technician in Planning Services to work at Civic Centre, Livingston.
The purpose of the job is to provide support for the registration and processing of planning applications. However, the scope of the job will include, but will not be limited to, checking and registering statutory applications, printing including printing of documents submitted electronically to the council, mapping / GIS, plotting, web development, and providing support to other tasks carried out in the service.
Essential requirements for the post are:
- Significant relevant technical experience.
- A knowledge of industry standard PC, graphics, mapping and word processing applications.
- Political awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to manage workload to ensure delivery on priority projects.
- In-depth knowledge of current and proposed best practice relevant to the responsibilities of the post.
- Good information technology skills.
INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY