- Whitehill Service Centre, 4 Inchmuir Road, Whitehill Industrial Estate, Bathgate, EH48 2EP
- £49,628 - £52,669 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
The job application process is currently not available, due to problems communicating with the Lumesse server.
We are keen to employ a diverse workforce that reflects the people of Scotland. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and particularly from groups currently under-represented, including people with disabilities, those from minority ethnic communities or from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds
This is a challenging role responsible for the planning delivery of major road infrastructure developments, sustainable and active travel initiatives in areas such as Armadale, East Calder, Winchburgh and other development areas in West Lothian.
Working as a key member of the Roads and Transportation Service you will assist the Roads and Transportation Manager to deliver one of the key functions of the service.
Responsible for the following main functions: development planning, transportation policy, and sustainable transport.
Working with the council's senior management team, services and elected members to ensure that the Roads & Transportation Service provides effective service provision, communications, leadership and advice on all frontline related issues.
The skills and experience you must have:
- Chartered Engineer or TPP (Transport Planning Professional)
- Project management skills
- Experience of managing and monitoring budgets.
- Must be able to cope with competing demands and determine priorities on a daily basis
- Excellent professional writing, communication and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple demands under pressure and meet targets
- Experience of successful leadership and delivering customer focussed services
- Knowledge of current Scottish, UK and EU Roads legislation and its practical application - operational requirements and techniques
- Up to date knowledge of applicable computer packages