- Linlithgow Partnership Centre, High Street, Linlithgow, EH49 7EZ
- £39,680 - £43,566 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
This position has expired.
We are keen to employ a diverse workforce that reflects the people of Scotland. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and particularly from groups currently under-represented, including people with disabilities, those from minority ethnic communities or from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds
We are seeking to employ two qualified, experienced and motivated environmental health officers to contribute to the public health and safety protection demands within West Lothian. We are looking to fill vacancies in our Commercial Team and Public Health, Housing and Pollution Control Team. You will contribute to a varied and challenging workload. For any applicants seeking new experiences in their environmental health career we will ensure that opportunities to refresh and develop knowledge and experience of different disciplines are provided. So irrespective of your current work areas or specialism in environmental health, there will be opportunity to be considered for either team if you are looking to take on a different challenge. The service demands require flexibility to contribute to environmental health priorities as required. We are therefore looking for officers who are keen to make a difference, deliver the best possible service and whose focus will be keeping West Lothian as a desirable place to live and work. The posts require to be filled on a full-time basis, but we are also willing to consider achieving this through job share arrangements if this means we secure the best candidates.
The skills and experience you must have:
- REHIS Diploma in Environmental Health (or equivalent professional qualification).
- Demonstration of ongoing professional development.
- Experience of dealing with a wide cross section of people, with particular reference to dealing with members of the public and businesses.
- Experience of handling complaints.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Administrative skills with regards to record keeping; report writing and; analysis of issues.
- Ability to build good relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Ability to handle conflict.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to deal positively with change.
- Ability to take personal responsibility and make decisions
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and self-motivate.
- Ability to research and investigate issues on their own initiative.
- Influencing skills.