- Whitehill Service Centre 4 Inchmuir Road Whitehill Industrial Estate Bathgate, EH48 2EP
- £29,062 - £32,443 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
West Lothian Council are committed to far reaching changes to the way we deliver our Education Services. These changes include giving you the support and environment that you need to get on with your job and develop your abilities. Our dedication is demonstrated by the whole council achievement of the Investors in People Standard and always aiming a little higher in our service delivery and improvements.
We are keen to employ a diverse workforce that reflects the people of Scotland. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and particularly from groups currently under-represented, including people with disabilities, those from minority ethnic communities or from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
On offer is, you will become part of our highly skilled service team, receiving specialist training and an excellent work-life balance.
Fleet Services are recruiting a fleet technician who will have a great opportunity of a varied role which will see you working on a wide range of plant & agricultural equipment in our in our new state of the art workshop at Whitehill Service Centre Bathgate and to strengthen our existing team.
You will work 36 hours week; overtime working may be required at peak times.
You will receive 26 days annual leave, and 7 public holiday a year and access to the council’s excellent pension scheme and employee benefits scheme which provides discounts at over 90 local businesses and over 1000 nationwide.
To support the council’s commitment to a healthy workforce we offer employees access to a range of specialist advice and support through an employee assistance programme.
If you have the following skills and experience we would love to hear from you:
- Time served Plant Mechanic (City & Guilds Scotvec Level 3) or similar experience
- Driving licence essential
- Knowledge of Health & Safety requirements including HAVs
- Proactive in identifying ways of improving service provision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and establishes effective working relationships with customers, contractors and other employees in the team
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- They must be confident in their abilities, be able to perform machine diagnostics and repairs independently out on site as well as working with our other engineers in the workshop environment. A basic knowledge of online parts identification systems.
PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY.