- Location: Eliburn Day Centre, Jackson Place, Eliburn, Livingston, EH54 6RH
- Salary: £26,766.00 - £30,088.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
The closing date for this post is provisionally set at 23 April 2020. West Lothian Council reserve the right to close this post early depending on applicant response levels
The Eliburn unit is a social care setting that provides a service to adults who have a learning disability, associated physical disabilities and who also have complex health care needs and life limiting conditions. The service users attending Eliburn are vulnerable adults who require the support of members of staff to enable them to enjoy their time at Eliburn, and take part in activities within the local community.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate practical skills, knowledge and understanding in supporting and enabling service users by providing total ‘hands-on care’ with their intimate and personal care needs, physical management and mobility, lunches/snacks and drinks as well as in all areas of social wellbeing. Service users also require the support of members of staff with their communication skills including enabling and supporting service users to express their likes, dislikes and wishes.
This role is very demanding and you must be able to physically support service users to access community based and in house activities in a way that ensures service user’s experiences are meaningful. The successful candidate will be expected to record information and maintain a degree of paperwork including involvement with care plans.
HNC Health and Social Care and SVQ 3 are essential for this post.
It is essential that the successful candidate demonstrates:
- Experience of working with service users who have a profound multiple learning disability and physical disability.
- Experience of working within a team environment.
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Knowledge of safe working practices and risk assessment.
- Experience of the management of medication.
- Experience of supporting people to undertake events and activities within the community including swimming.
- Experience of Leadership of a small team and leading in Care Planning, Transition Planning and Care Reviews
- Knowledge of planning room based activities and events within the community.
- Knowledge of care planning and experience of service users review process.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by West Lothian Council.