- Whitehill Service Centre, 4 Inchmuir Road, Whitehill Industrial Estate, Bathgate, EH48 2EP
- £32,604 - £36,095 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
This position has expired.
Working in a team of 2, the purpose of the role is to provide effective and efficient oversight and progress of the council’s Open Space services with particular emphasis on the delivery of the open space capital programme as it relates to urban parks and play areas. The role also provides a high quality professional service that maximises the resources available, delivers positive outcomes and meets the needs of our customers and service users.
The role will be responsible for implementing and monitoring the councils aspirations in relation to its open space strategy and for identifying and planning future capital projects to ensure that the councils open space assets remain of a high standard.
The role will harnesses community involvement through the community choices agenda and ensure that areas are developed to reflect the needs and aspirations of local communities.
The role will be expected to write and present reports both corporately and to elected members and will also deliver high level open space advice.
The post reports to the Open Space and Cemeteries Manager.
Applicants should possess
- HND in an environmental / land based subject. Alternatively, must have significant experience and knowledge of open space management.
- Ability to contribute to strategic direction and implementation
- Experience of dealing with the public
- Proven organisational skills and experience
- Up to date IT skills
- Experience of the preparation and development of strategies, policies and management plans.
The post is fixed term till 31st August 2023. Secondments to the post would be considered. The post is based on a 36hrs, Monday to Friday working pattern